Zapier is an easy-to-use integration platform that enables any of over 5000 participating web applications to share data and automate your workflow. Your Delta Testing project can integrate to any of those applications using Zapier as a conduit. For example, your continuous product tracking receives feedback about a bug and you want to accelerate product improvement. You can craft an automated workflow that notifies your internal Slack channel and generates or updates a Jira bug ticket as soon as possible.
Zapier has several service plan levels, including a free plan. The lowest paid-tier plan offers up to 750 tasks per month for $20 per month, billed annually. See the Zapier Pricing page for pricing information.
You will see the following Zapier terms used with their automated routines: Zaps and Actions.
- Connecting two apps together is called a Zap. Zaps may include triggers to tell your Zaps to execute if data matches specific criteria. Zapier lives in the middle, monitoring your triggers and filteand rs, initiating actions in whatever workflow you establish. For example, you can set up an integration between Miro and Fuel Cycle's Delta Testing project, so that when a ticket is updated in Miro, the zap updates the project in Fuel Cycle.
- An Action describes data moved through Zapier from the system of origin (like Miro) and the target system (such as Fuel Cycle). For example, if a bug notice is generated in Miro, it would send a notice to Fuel Cycle to update the Delta Testing project, which could then generate a Jira ticket for our developers to address the bug and notify them in Slack that the ticket was created.
Connect Zapier to Your Fuel Cycle Account
You only need to perform this process to link to Fuel Cycle once.
- Sign up for a Zapier account.
- Obtain Fuel Cycle API key and API token credentials.
- Email your Fuel Cycle representative requesting API credentials.
- Provide your representative with the email you used to create your Zapier account.
- Your representative will respond with the API key and API token to that email account and invite you to the app.
- Log in to Zapier.
- Click the blue Add Connection button in the top right.
- Add a new connection to Fuel Cycle by searching for the term "Fuel Cycle".
- Select the Fuel Cycle connection in your list of results.
- Authorize access to your Fuel Cycle account by entering your Fuel Cycle API key and API token.
Check out Zapier's Quick Start Guide to get started with your first automated workflow.
Events Sent via Zapier
The list below describes the Events you can sync with Fuel Cycle's Delta Testing projects.
|New or Updated Project
||Triggers when a Delta Testing project is added or updated in a community.
||Create a new Delta Testing Project Recommended to start a project in Fuel Cycle first.
||Update an Existing Project.
|Find Project by ID
||Find a Project using the Project ID.
|Find Project by Project Field||Find a project using a Project Field.|
|New or Updated Ticket||Triggers when a ticket is added or updated.|
|Create Ticket||Create a Ticket in a known Project.|
|Update Ticket||Update a Ticket in a known Project.|
|Find Ticket by ID||Find an existing ticket by ID.|
|Find Ticket by Ticket Field
||Find an existing ticket by a Ticket Field.
|New or Updated Ticket Comment
||Triggers when a ticket comment is created or updated.
|Create Ticket Comment
||Create a comment on an existing ticket.
|Find Comment by Comment Field
||Find a Comment in an existing ticket using a Comment Field.
|Create a Ticket Vote
||Create an upvote on any known ticket.
Please sign in to leave a comment.