Alchemer (formerly SurveyGizmo) is a best-in-class surveying platform with a wide range of question types, advanced surveying logic, and robust reporting capability.
When Alchemer is enabled for the community, a unique Alchemer account is required for each user that needs access via the Fuel Cycle admin. If you do not have an Alchemer account and need access, please contact your customer success team.
Add your Alchemer Credentials to Fuel Cycle
- When your account is created in Alchemer, you'll receive an email with a link to activate your account and create your password.
- Log in to the Fuel Cycle admin for the community and click Account Settings from the options in the upper right (under your username).
- Under the Communities section, you'll see fields for Alchemer username and password. The username should be your email address. For the password, enter the password you created for your account.
- Save the changes. You will see the option to launch Alchemer from the Survey Management section of the platform.
You can work with Alchemer from the platform backend. Alchemer requires a customized redirect link, that is different than the Qualtrics redirect, to ensure that the survey experience is consistent with the overall community member experience and that data is captured properly. Follow the directions when working with Alchemer in Fuel Cycle.
There are three types of surveys that can be used in the Fuel Cycle platform.
- Recruitment/Qualification Survey: This survey type is used when recruiting new members. If you have specific criteria you need to be met for new members, this is how you screen the users before they register. For example, if you need members to be in a specific age range or have an interest in a particular product or brand, you can use the Recruitment Survey to ask them these details and then only send users who match your ideal criteria to register. Any disqualified users will be taken to a custom message screen where you can let them know they don’t qualify. When creating a recruitment survey, you will add disqualification or over quota logic as described in the section titled “Creating a Recruitment/Qualification Survey.”
- Activity Survey: This survey type is used for members of the community. It is attached to the activity and can be launched as a login poll or from a discussion detail page. This will be the primary type of survey you will use in the Fuel Cycle platform. For details, see the section titled “Creating a Content Survey.”
- Live Chat Survey: Live Chat surveys are one-question surveys that are displayed during a live chat. Members will answer the question during the live chat and mod and client users will see real-time results. For details on how to create a live chat survey, see the section titled “Creating a Live Chat Survey.”
Launch Alchemer right from the button on your Fuel Cycle Dashboard or on the Survey screen, accessible from the button on the left side of your screen. Alchemer will open in a new window. Please note, that you will need to navigate back to the Fuel Cycle platform to import the survey.
Please sign in to leave a comment.