Poll questions are defined as single questions that are used in profile/account settings. These questions can be embedded in other areas of the community. All poll questions can be used in Profile Points.
NOTE: These poll questions should not be confused with Quick Polls, which are activities for members.
Poll questions may be one of two possible Categories:
- Predefined: These are the predefined demographic questions, such as education or job status. Predefined questions cannot be edited, but may be used in Profile Points.
- Custom: Custom questions used in profile settings and may be embedded into activities, homepage, live chat, and campaigns.
Add a Poll Question to Profile Settings as a Profile Point
To add a poll question in the profile to all Community members, you will need to create a Profile Point with the question as a source, and then select Show in Profile.
NOTE: Moderator and clients will see all profile questions when viewing a user’s profile in the community (even questions not set to show in profile).
Update Poll Questions In Bulk as Profile Points
If you want to manually batch update profile data into existing P2 points...
- Add a poll question as a Profile Point as noted above. We recommend using single or multiple choice types since the P2 currently uses Quant question sources.
- Add that Custom poll question to the Member Profile Settings page. Make sure to uncheck all of the boxes.
- Add the custom poll question as a question source to the P2 point. Make sure the poll question is the first question source.
- Finish sorting the Answer Choices page and Save the updated P2 point at the bottom of the page.
- Click the Refresh Data button at the top of the main P2 screen.
- Go to the batch update page.
- Pull the reference sheet. The poll question displays with its Question ID and Answer ID which can be used to batch update data
- After batch updating data, make sure to refresh the P2 page again
Please sign in to leave a comment.