Gamification motivates members to act through competition and rewards. When gamification is enabled, a Gamification icon becomes available on the left-hand taskbar.
There are five tabs on the gamification page: Settings, Rewards, Redemptions, Member Points, and Quests.
This screen shows which rewards have been redeemed by community members.
Redemption Exports—Select the export button as pictured below:
This function operates similarly to a Member Export and will produce a downloadable Excel file.
Incorporate the following information into your Redemption Export:
- Specific Date Range
- User Account Fields
- Group Membership (optional)
- P2 Engine Profile Points
- Polls & Survey Questions
If you select the Edit button (highlighted below) you will be able to edit the reward status for multiple users at one time, rather than doing it manually:
After selecting the Edit button, you will be prompted to choose the status updates you wish to make:
Separate tabs display the reward options available in the community catalog that are available to community members: Partner Rewards, Giftbit Rewards, and Custom Rewards. Quickly see how much of a specific reward has been redeemed, and how much is left available.
Moderators control which static and dynamic groups can access and redeem certain rewards. Here is some more information on member groups.
Partner Rewards displays all reward options available from your chosen reward provider, such as Tremendous. Tremendous offers 700+ international gift card options as well as cash payouts. All reward options are developed in the Tremendous app and automatically transmitted to Fuel Cycle. Moderators can display their rewards catalog in their communities immediately. Tremendous gift card support.
- Select which denominations they wish to redeem from the rewards section based on the number of points they have to spend.
- See a pop-up window of your customized reward catalog once they select a denomination to choose how they wish to spend their points.
- Receive their gift card code immediately; they won't need to wait for an email.
- Access their gift card codes in their rewards history at any time.
Gift cards are the only Reward Type in this section. Points are the only Redemption Type.
Moderators may click the Launch button at the top right of the screen to launch their provider website in a different browser tab to customize the email template and catalog of brands to offer.
To program gift cards for the denominations you wish to offer ($5, $10, etc.)...
- Click the + button toward the top of the screen.
- Add the following information for your reward:
Reward Type*—This value will always be Giftcard.
Asterisks indicate required fields.
- Reward redemption type*—This value will always be Points.
- Reward Name*—Name this reward as you would like the redeemer to see it.
- Reward Description*—Give this reward a description as you would like the redeemer to see it.
- Upload Reward Image*—The image needs to be 180 x 180 pixels.
- Reward Currency Type*—All rewards will display in US Dollars (US$).
- Reward Currency Value*—The redemption value is in US Dollars, but this amount will automatically convert to the currency chosen in the catalog.
- Reward cost (points)*—This field indicates what it will cost a member to redeem the reward.
- Max qty per member*—The maximum number of times a member can redeem this reward.
- Rewards available*—Number of rewards currently available. You can increase or decrease the available quantity.
- Notify for qty below*—Email a warning when the remaining reward count is less than or equal to the minimum quantity. An email with the subject "Gamification" needs to be set up in Community Settings -> Labels -> Contact Moderator Fields section.
- Visibility Status*—VisibleHidden—Visibility status affects the reward visibility in the community catalog.
- Availability Status—Availability status affects the reward redeemability in the community catalog.
- Access Type—You may choose to have a reward available to the entire community or specific groups only. For more information on Gamification Reward Grouping, click here.
- Expiration date—The reward will automatically hide from the community rewards catalog at the specified date. If left empty, there is no expiration date.
- Reward Type*—This value will always be Giftcard.
- Click Create to save your work.
The Giftbit Rewards tab displays all of the reward options available from your Giftbit account.
- Click the + button to add a new GiftBit reward.
- You will see the Giftbit complete rewards catalog. Import one or more rewards into the community catalog by clicking the icon to the right of each row. Make sure you don't exceed the balance set in the Giftbit account.
The Custom Rewards tab allows you to create a custom reward (not through Giftbit) to add to your community catalog.
There are three reward types:
- Gift Card—A custom gift card that can be redeemed online, as a code.
- Goods—A physical reward that needs to be mailed. For example brand t-shirts or water bottles.
- Bonus Points—Points that are added to a member’s point balance.
Reward redemption types are actions that must be achieved before the reward is unlocked. There are four options when the reward unlocks:
- Points—Unlocks when the member has earned enough points.
- Quest Giveaway—Unlocks when the member completes a quest.
- Quest Raffle—Unlocks when the member enters a raffle and wins it.
- Quest Leaderboard—Unlocks only to members who have earned the most points in the quest.
The rest of the needed information for Custom Rewards is the same as for Partner Rewards above.
Member Points Tab
This section provides a convenient dashboard of member actions that generate points. Actions are filterable by...
- Specific actions
- Status of your point transactions:
Set up a collection of actions, connected with logic, offering one or more rewards for successful completion. Click the + button on this screen to get started.
After saving your Quest for the first time, a Quest Status is added to the Quest with the following values:
- Created—The quest has been created but is not running yet, because the quest start date is still in the future.
- Running—The quest start date has passed and the quest is running. Members performing the quest's steps are considered to have completed the quest if the moderator doesn't deny the gamification eligibility of their actions.
- Stopped—The quest has been manually stopped by the moderator. Quest cannot be restarted.
- Ended—The quest end date has passed. Members can continue to perform the quest's steps, but they will not count toward completing the quest.
- Completed—All quest participants have been processed, and the participants and winners lists are complete.
Set up and activate Actions & Points and Rewards with the following settings:
- Gamification Delay—How many days the member has to wait between performing an action and getting rewarded for it. By setting a delay, the moderator will have the ability to deny the eligibility of action if the quality of engagement was subpar. When set to 0 days, members will immediately be rewarded points for their engagement.
- Require Phone Number for Verification—We recommend enabling phone validation for users who have been considered suspicious on the platform. Change the settings to add validation for all users or disable it completely. Please consider, disabling this feature might allow users who will try to abuse the system.
- Activate actions & points—When turned on, the “Points” section will be displayed in the member’s gamification center.
- Activate rewards—When turned on, members will be able to see the available awards that are available to them. You can create and import rewards in the ‘Rewards” tab.
Please sign in to leave a comment.