System emails are automated emails that are sent out to members, such as account activation or password resets. Manage these emails in the Communication Center > System tab.
The following system emails are available and can be customized:
- Account Activation: This email is sent to new members after registration. It includes their unique activation link. This email is sent automatically after a member finishes registration. These links will remain active for 7 days. If a prospective member's activation link has expired, you can send an activation reminder which will generate a new link for them. See below for more details.
- Account Creation: Sends to members who are created inside the Mod Tools (as single account creation or a batch upload). This email includes the member's username, email, and a link to create a password for their new account. The email is sent automatically after the account has been created.
- Account Update Notification: This email is sent to users when they change their email address, password, or username. This email will alert users to the change made to their account and prompt them to contact the community moderator if they did not make this change.
- Activation Reminder: Sends to members who have signed up, but have not activated their account.
This email does not send out automatically. If you want to send out activation reminder emails, you must go to Communication Center > System. Then, select Send Reminder from the Actions drop-down for the Activation Reminder email.
NOTE: The reminder will be sent to all members whose status is "Activated False"
- Birthday Email: This email sends to a community member on the occasion of their birth date. A moderator must enable this email in the Communication Center and the message can be customized. For the system to recognize the date and you collect...
- Year Only—The birthday is set for January 1st.
- Year and Month—The birthday is set for the 1st of the month.
- Year and Month and Day—The birthday is set to the actual day.
- Creation Reminder: This email is sent to members that were manually created in Fuel Cycle. It notifies the user that an account has been created for them and includes the Password Reset link so that the user can create a password and continue to complete registration and login.
- FC Live Manual Assignment: This email is sent to members who have been manually assigned to an FC Live session by a moderator. It will include the day and time of the session and provide a link to access the activity details page.
- FC Live Reminder: This email is sent to members 24 hours and 60 minutes before the start of an upcoming FC Live session that they have RSVP'd to. It will also include a link to access the activity details page.
- FC Live RSVP Confirmation: This email is sent to members who have selected an FC Live session. It will include the day and time of the session and provide a link to access the activity details page.
- FC Live Session Cancelled: This email is sent to members whose sessions have either been canceled by them or a moderator. It will include a link to access the activity details page.
- Forgot Password: This email is sent to members who go through the "Forgot Password" flow on the login screen. This email includes a link for the member to reset their password.
- FuelBot: FuelBot is an automated reporting bot that provides a high-level overview of surveys, discussions, member forums, live chats, recruitments, and participation rates within your community. Learn more about FuelBot here!
- Giftbit Reward Confirmation: This email works in conjunction with the Giftbit integration for reward redemption. When a member redeems a reward on the platform, this email confirms their selection and notifies them that they will receive an additional email once the reward is available. Learn more about Giftbit here!
- Giftbit Reward Redemption: This email works in conjunction with the Giftbit integration for reward redemption. When a member spends their points to redeem a reward on the platform, this email sends a redemption link that the member uses to access their reward on the Giftbit platform. You can track the status of these emails in the Gamification section of the community to see which redemptions are initiated, in progress, completed, or failed. Learn more about Giftbit here!
- Inactivity Alert: This email is sent to members when their status goes from Active to Inactive as defined by the "Inactivity" definition set in Community Settings > Member. You can use this email to encourage members to log back into the community.
- Live Chat Reminder: This email sends to community members who RSVP with "Yes" or "Maybe" to a Live Chat. This email will send both 24 hours and 1 hour before the scheduled live chat will begin.
- Live Chat RSVP Confirmation: This email sends to community members immediately after they RSVP with "Yes" or "Maybe" to a Live Chat.
- Mobile Passwordless Login: This email will send to members who are logging into the community mobile app using the "magic link" option. It will send them a unique entry link into the app that allows them to bypass entering their password.
- Mod FC Live Reminder: This email will send to the moderator assigned to an upcoming FC Live session. It will include details about the session including a link to launch the session.
- Privacy Page Interaction: This email will send to members to confirm their request for data per GDPR (if applicable).
- Signup Welcome: This email is sent to members after they activate their accounts. This is a good chance to welcome members to the community and explain more about what they can do as a community member.
- Suspicious Upload: If the antivirus software detects that a user has uploaded a virus, this email will automatically be sent to that person. We do not allow a virus to upload, so if a user attempts to do this, nothing will upload. This email will notify the user why nothing was uploaded.
- System Test: This is used by Fuel Cycle's R&D team to test emails as the community is being initially built out.
To edit an email, click the name. System email composition is similar to campaigns. You can select a template and customize the messaging as needed.
Some of the system emails have required variables. For example, you must include the variable for the activation link in the Account Activation email. If you attempt to save your changes without that variable, you will receive an error message. If a system email requires a variable, it will be noted above the Text Editor.
When done customizing the system email, click the Save button at the bottom of the page.
Please sign in to leave a comment.