Organize virtual and in-person events for your community members through Live Events. Give members the ability the pick their timeslot and add the event to their calendar—giving them flexibility and ease. Have members sign up and add the event directly to their calendars right in the community!
Virtual events in Fuel Cycle are called FC Live events; in-person events are called just Events and are described on this page.
Create an Event
To start a new event...
- Navigate to the ACTIVITIES menu on the left.
- Click on the LIVE EVENTS tab at the top of the screen.
- Click on the + CREATE NEW button on the main Live Event screen.
When creating an event, complete the following fields:
- Event Title: This is for moderation purposes only and is referenced anywhere you manage Events.
- Total Signups Allowed: This is the maximum number of members that can RSVP for a time slot. This allows you to over-recruit to ensure a full event. All members who sign-up will be able to join until the Total Signups Allowed are reached. Once the maximum group size has been met, the remaining members will receive a message that the room is full and will be able to reserve another session if any are available.
- Session Duration in Minutes: This displays to members so they are aware of the time commitment and can schedule accordingly. However, the actual session can be shorter or longer to allow flexibility based on your needs.
- Event Full Message: This message displays to members who have signed up, but the event is full or the event has been closed for new attendance. If additional future sessions are available, members can sign up for another session.
The next step is to schedule available times associated with the event. These sessions will display to members and allow them to RSVP for a specific date and time.
- Add your dates and times one by one. Optionally assign a session to a moderator. This is useful if you have multiple moderators running sessions so you can keep track of who is responsible for each session. Members cannot see who has been assigned as the session moderator.
- Sessions can be Public or Private.
- Public—The session will display to members of the activity and any member with access to the activity can RSVP for the session.
- Private—The session will not display to members of the activity. Instead, you will need to manually assign a member to a private session time from the Upcoming Sessions tab.
Add Event to an Activity
Wherever the block is placed in the activity is where the member will reserve the session time on the actual activity page.
In the Event box, type in the name of an event and it will auto-populate. The Block Title must be filled in (for internal reference only).
Event Session Management
Under the Live Events tab, all events are listed in one place, so that you can view their status, create new events, and edit or archive existing events.
From the Actions dropdown, you can export the RSVP list for each Event. This will generate an Excel file that lists all session times and show the status of each including the username and email for each reserved time.
You can manually assign an event session to a user. To assign a user to a session...
- Attach the session to an activity. This triggers the Session to move from the Live Event tab to the Upcoming in the Events tab. An Event element can be added to multiple activities.
- Click on Participants to assign a user to a session.
- Type the member’s username. You cannot assign a user if they have reserved another session at the same time.
Members receive automated system email notifications to ensure users attend the event at the correct times. The following notifications are sent:
- Event RSVP Confirmation—Sent to members after they select a time on the activity detail page. It includes the session date and time, the location, and a link to the activity detail page. Customize the email messaging from the Communication Center > System > Event RSVP Confirmation menu.
- Event Manual Assignment—Sent to a member after being manually assigned by a moderator. It includes the session date and time, the location, and a link to the activity detail page. You can customize the email messaging from Communication Center > System > Event Manual Assignment.
- Event Session Cancelled—Sent to a member after they cancel a session or if the moderator removes the member from the session. Customize the email messaging from Communication Center > System > Event Cancelled menu.
- Event Reminder—Sent to a member 24 hours before the event start time and 60 minutes before. It includes the event start time details, the location, and a link to the activity detail page. Customize the email messaging from Communication Center > System > Event Reminder menu.
Please sign in to leave a comment.